Thursday, April 10, 2008

Appreciating: Bec Cartwright's stunningly poptastic album!




I admit it. I'm not afraid to say that I love myself some Bec Cartwright! This album is totally poptastic, 3 smash-hit singles were released from this CD, and honestly it had the potential to be so much more. As a result, I wanted to take this oppertunity to upload the album for you so you can all appreciate this little gem. I believe the CD is out of print, hence my uploading of the CD, however if it turns out that it IS still in print, then I am quite happy to remove the link.



It was released in Australia on June 16th 2003 and featured the 3 smash-hit singles All Seats Taken, On The Borderline and A Matter of Time. My personal favourite on the CD however is the popalicious "Drive By" which I think is criminal it wasn't released!


The videos were equally poptastic All Seats Taken featured Bec dancing around a bowling alley, On The Borderline looked like a scene out of BMX Bandits or something, and A Matter of Time, which is my personal fave shows Bec wandering around Sydney Airport looking lost. At least I assume it's Sydney Airport. I can't imagine Bec going overseas specifically to shoot a video in an airport. You can see the video below:






Overall, Bec shows us what pure, fun pop is all about!


I pray to God on a daily basis that The Bec will release a followup album, but since Lleyton seems to be the kind of person who likes to be in control, I very much doubt this is going to happen. Perhaps one day she'll return to Home and Away!


Bec Cartwright: Tracklisting


01. On The Borderline
02. All That Glitters
03. A Matter of Time
04. All Seats Taken
05. Meant To Be
06. Drive By
07. What's Got Into You?
08. Falling
09. Need a Little Love
10. He's Yours



3 comments:

Petro said...

Tick Tock it's a love bomb, one touch and its gonna go off! off! - genius lyrics The Bec has!

Natty, you need a comment wall thingy on the side of your page like I do.

Mike said...

One of my favourite Aus-pop albums! Bec is infinitely more talented and fabulous than DULTA!

Guidelines said...

RS post has expired. could you re-up please. Tx