I know this isn't a "trashy" post as somewhat, but feel the need to vent and express shock at the bushfires that are ravaging my beloved home state.
So far, the total of deaths at 9am on Monday Feb 9th is 108, this includes 4 children and former ch:9 newsreader Brian Naylor and his wife Moiree, whose bodies reportedly were found together on their Kinglake West property.
He's the first "big name" person to have died in the fires and it's believed there could be more. His death by no means takes away from the others who have died, but hopefully, with a big name profile (at least where Victoria is concerned) it can bring some kind of positive message and outcome for everyone.
I urge everyone to please donate to the Bushfire Appeal Fund, here's how you can help:
* Visit www.redcross.org.au
* Phone 1800 811 700
* Donate at any NAB, ANZ, Westpac or Commonwealth Bank branch
* Donate at any Bunnings store
* By direct deposit to the Victorian Bushfire Relief Fund - BSB 082-001, Account number 860-046-797 Myer Bushfire Appeal
* All proceeds to the Salvation Army. Donate at any Victorian Myer store
Monday, February 9, 2009
Posted by Trashtastic Aussie at 9:11 AM